UNPA Dietary Supplement Analytical Summit
« The New York attorney general’s investigations of botanical dietary supplements have triggered a national debate over quality, labeling and analytical testing procedures, as well as a lot of negative media. Scores of class-action lawsuits have been filed. Settlements by GNC and Nature’s Way with the New York AG add a new dimension of testing requirements for ingredient vendors.
This two-day analytical summit will explain and examine critical issues, with the objective of arming attendees with the knowledge and insights needed to understand, adapt and succeed in a very fast-changing and unsettling dietary supplement marketplace. Ample time will be provided for Q&A and general discussion.
Nearly 20 world-class experts will present, debate, and discuss the current state of affairs concerning:
- The New York AG investigations, GNC and Nature’s Way settlements and the status of plaintiff class-action litigation against retailers and companies
- Other state attorneys general activities involving dietary supplements, quality testing and consumer protection
- The strengths and limits of DNA barcoding. How can it be integrated with established dietary supplement testing procedures?
- How are national retailers and brand leaders being forced to become a new gatekeeper of quality and regulatory compliance?
- How far will DNA barcoding go? What’s next: probiotics, protein, algae, animal byproducts or other categories of products? »
Date: Nov. 5-6, 2015
Event Type: Seminar
Venue: Salt Lake Marriott City Center Hotel, 220 S. State St., Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Press release : http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=f7a77c83fbec812d8a08b4a61&id=ab0adea463&e=08eb371f81
Detailed program : https://unpa.com/assets/event/pdf_1/35/UNPA_DietarySuppAnalyticSummit_Full_PreProgram_v4_Email.pdf
Cet article n’engage que son auteur/ This article is the sole responsibility of the author